Once you’ve successfully completed your work ready training you’ll be matched with an employer for a real job repairing Christchurch’s roading and underground piping.
- We have over 80 employers involved in the rebuild. They range from 20 employees to 100 employees to 5,000 employees. Like all industries the smaller companies have their benefits as do the larger ones. The large employers are City Care, Downer, Fletcher, Fulton Hogan and MacDow.
- Get mentoring and guidance on the job. Workplace learning is also great for teaching you how to work with other people, your team and your employer.
- For Real will assign you a tutor who’ll follow your progress to make sure you’re still learning and developing. They won’t just do it over the phone – they will come to you at your work site!
- Gain more credits towards your qualification.
- Provided you’ve gained all your credits and you work hard, you’ll qualify for a National Certificate in Civil Infrastructure (level 2) Qualification in half the time it usually takes.
With new skills, experience and a national qualification under your belt you’ll be set up for a great career in Christchurch, throughout New Zealand or overseas. You’ll be set up to progress through your career quickly. You could even be your own boss one day – owning your own Construction Company!
Now learn about what you can earn.